I suggest you ...

Currency in transaction (different than that of account's currency)

When I buy something with my credit card on the internet, its possible for it to be billed in a currency other than my own. My credit card online statement will only show me the transaction in the original currency until closing day, when it will convert into my own using it's rate. For these transactions I cant add to my Financisto because I can't set the currency and cant just go about using the current rate on Gooogle finance because later I'll have to edit each transaction again.
What could happen is: (my account's currency is BRL) I add the transaction in the original currency (eg. USD) and when I choose a currency other than the account's financisto could add a rate field and a local currency value field; if I change the rate, financisto changes the local currency value, if I change the local currency value field, financisto changes the rate.
Of course this will make me have to come back at the end of the bill's cycle and update the transactions with the rates my bank set for each of them, but at least I'll already have the transactions registered; I'll just have to update a few values...

This would work best if financisto could connect to google finance and pull an exchange rate for the currency pair's we set up in options or something, but this would just be a plus.

83 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Luiz Fernando MendoncaLuiz Fernando Mendonca shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • 榛 黄榛 黄 commented  · 

It's OK when doing a transaction, but you could not change currency when transferring

• JFJF commented  · 

Very good thanks! It would be nice to have the original amount and currency in the CSV export. Right now there is only the converted amount in home currency.

• Anonymous commented  · 

would be nice to have reports with all currencies at once and not only one at a time... i recently mooved from europe to brazil (different currency) and now i cant compare my expeces before/after unless i track all totals by hand :S

• Andrey SolonovichAndrey Solonovich commented  · 

P.S. My comment regarding the rate autofill could also be reflected in Transfers as well (I guess it is possible to use the same logic).
        E.g.: you input ammount out, Financisto automatically fills last known rate with a proposal to download it or change the amount out (then rate is auto calculated).

• Andrey SolonovichAndrey Solonovich commented  · 

I do have a similar request. This would be extremely helpful for me as well.

Just one comment to be added from my side: when you select currency other than the account currency it would be nice if Financisto would automatically take the rate from the rates stored by me for the currency pair with an option to change it (like in transfers but with autofill from exchange rates stored within financisto by user). Or at least from the last transaction of the similar currency pair. This is quite crucial for me, as I don't want to pay for roaming traffic abroad to get the rate from the internet.

• janjan commented  · 

Thanks for implementing the "home currency". I believe that adding transactions in different currency than the account's currency is the next logical step.

Exchange rate can be taken automatically from the internet or from the last similar transaction (if offline) but it should be also possible to change it manually.

This was a good function in MoneyManager from FlyingBird and I think it would be worth it to follow that system.

• PetrPetr commented  · 

This is really critical. While traveling it takes ages to enter proper data in the account currency, while I know amount in loacl currency only.
        Waiting for this change!
        Thanks.

• Andy MardenAndy Marden commented  · 

This is absolutely crucial for travelling abroad. When I pat for something with my UK credit card, I have no idea at point of transaction (when I, want to record it in the tool) how much that is in GBP.

• Daniel Diniz de AlmeidaDaniel Diniz de Almeida commented  · 

This is an interesting feture for sure. Must have for cash and credit card accounts.

• Sergei AnisimovSergei Anisimov commented  · 

it's the only but crutial point which prevents me from using the program. The problem is not only when paying through internet, The same when I'm abroad. I have also debit cards in different currencies and pay by them in my country which arises the same problem.

Feedback and Knowledge Base