I suggest you ...

google spreadsheet sync

I suggest to export all the financisto data (transactions, dictionaries etc) as excel file to google-doc and implement 2-way syncronization of it with the android device.

It will replace current csv backup functionality and will allow user to simply manage all the financisto data like modifying/adding/deleting records or transactions just as in an ordinal excel file via google doc account.

This file (1 per financisto instance) will be 2-way syncronized with the android device, so if you add transactions in financisto with your android mobile - it will update the excel file in the google doc.
Similary when you modify the excel file via google doc - your mobile will pick up these changes next time you run the android device

119 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mikhail BaturovMikhail Baturov shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Liam PhoenixLiam Phoenix commented  · 

Aye, add this to using authentication tokens suggested elsewhere and it would be the best option for syncing, after all if you're on an Android device there's almost certainly a Google account already there to be used.

• RaychiRaychi commented  · 

indeed, this could be a great start in sync-ing among devices. starting with mobile devices (phone/tablets), where ultimately can we hope to have a a desktop version of financisto, a chrome app perhaps? (as wished here http://financisto.uservoice.com/forums/81693-wishlist/suggestions/1187155-desktop-version-and-sync)

back to this, if changing the backup/restore file from csv to excel compatible of google drive (where i see it could've take a slightly different format, and also i don't remember seeing split records in my exported excel) is difficult implementation for financisto, perhaps can still keep the sync file as current csv format, and sync that csv to google drive.

As later when the desktop version (i'm still wishing for, chrome app please? ^^") is available, we'll not need to work on the spreadsheets in google drive, but can enjoy the reports/charts/analysis from desktop financisto. *wish*

• FernandoFernando commented  · 

With this 2-way-sync with google spreadsheet probably would make it a "PC version" and would allow me to make graphics and analyse all data. It would be awesome!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

This feature will be awesome, sometimes is easier to work from your laptop. Other option could be a google chrome app, that allow you enter data from your laptop.

• MeiaMeia commented  · 

I agree. Especially it would make set up for Categories and other instances so much easier (incl. copy / paste from other software) than typing all this in your small mobile!
        Thnaks

Feedback and Knowledge Base