I suggest you ...

Suggestion on NEW TRANSACTION

When I add a transaction, I must:
1) tap "Add Transaction";
2) select a Account;
3) select a Category;
4) input Amout;
5) input Note or Attributes;
6) (sometimes) switch between Expense or Income.
then, press OK.

Compared with "EasyMoney", it only takes 3-4 steps:
1) select a Account;
2) tap "Add Transaction";
3) input "Payee/Item", for example: Just input "cl", then it has a auto-complete suggestion "Clothing"; select "Clothing", then the "Amount", "Category" and "Type"(Expense or Income) are AUTO-COMPLETED too!
4) (maybe) fix the Amount.
then, press Save&Done.

I know Financisto has a function "Templates", but EasyMoney makes it more simple and powerful.

I wish Financisto could have a similar function, making adding a transaction easily and quickly.

Sorry about my poor English.

217 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kylekyle shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RoldRold commented  · 

Very nice idea.. I vote!

• Yulianto PranotoYulianto Pranoto commented  · 

A little out of topic, maybe I can add something in the "Account" tab. When you pressed the appropriate account, the dialog windows showed "Transaction and Transfer" combined. Makes user easier to edit the transaction. Adds more flexibility other than choosing account but also changing its type to transfer as well.

• PeterPeter commented  · 

Nowadays there is a setting for new transaction screen:
        "Last category" (Remember the last category for the chosen payee (or account if payee is disabled))
        This could be changed to:
        "Last category" (Remember the last category for the chosen payee (or account if no payee entered))

This would be much for friendly for users that want to enter payee but only for special transactiones and very rarely.
        For such user the situation "no payee selected" (standard situation) means no last category used.
        For such user the above mentioned option "last category" is nearly useless as it is active only in cases the payee is enetered (and this very rare situation).
        https://blueprints.launchpad.net/financisto/+spec/inteligent-last-category

• João EsquecidoJoão Esquecido commented  · 

@Denis I can't seem to make Financisto auto-complete category based on payee or vice-versa. Is there an option for that?
        Thanks

• João EsquecidoJoão Esquecido commented  · 

@Denis I can't seem to make Financisto auto-complete category based on payee or vice-versa. Is there an option for that?
        Thanks

• Denis SolonenkoAdminDenis Solonenko (Financisto Dev, Financisto) commented  · 

Auto-completing the category for the selected payee is already implemented. Income/expense is auto-completed from the category too. So, I assume, that the only missing thing is auto-completing amount..

• mtokamtoka commented  · 

Also nice to have a widget with these relevant fields apparent (4x3 maybe) so you enter all date and click add transaction

• AkiraAkira commented  · 

SPB Finance for Windows Mobile has a new entry system that we should try to mimic.
        http://spb.com/pocketpc-software/finance/screenshots.html
        It had a completely different interface just for new items: you type the payee, in a T9 keyboard that autocompletes based in your previous entries.
        After you select the payee, it autocompletes the Accout, the Category and the Amount, based in the previous items that you select as "memorized". For the most common places, it was very very fast: 5 *touches* in the screen were enough.

• Vasyl JablonskyVasyl Jablonsky commented  · 

nice idea about autocomplete for Category, because after some time list of items is way too long to scroll to select needed item.

• Alexandr KimAlexandr Kim commented  · 

this is very important feature i think.
        because adding new transaction is the most frequent operation we do in Financisto. So it will reduce time very much.
        And it doesn't seem to be hard to implement.

• startaglstartagl commented  · 

I agree some simplicity would be nice.

• William EverettWilliam Everett commented  · 

This is the same procedure. You just lumped entering the payee/item, amount and category into one step for EasyMoney and broke it into different steps for Financisto!
        Financisto also auto-completes the payee and has a selector box for the category.
        That said, I do think that financisto could use an overhaul on the way that transactions are entered from the main program (rather than the widget). Users should be able to specify what screen comes up by default. https://financisto.uservoice.com/forums/81693-general/suggestions/1385717-allow-users-to-set-default-screen-on-open?ref=title

Feedback and Knowledge Base